URGENT / CRITICAL CASES
NOW OFFERING PHYSIOTHERAPY & CHIROPRACTIC SERVICES FOR URGENT / CRITICAL CASES
Starting Wednesday, May 27th, we are open for urgent cases.
At Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre, we recognize that these exceptional times require exceptional measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and to reduce the demand on our health system.
With careful consideration and preparation, we are ready to re-open our doors to urgent care only. For all other patients, we will continue to provide virtual telehealth services.
Urgent Care Criteria:
Physiotherapy and chiropractic services are only considered urgent in the following cases:
- Starting post-surgical rehabilitation
- Severe pain
- New neurological symptoms
- Signs of infection
- Spinning vertigo
- Recent motor vehicle accident
- Patients should first perform a self-screen to identify whether they meet our criteria as an urgent patient and screen negative for COVID-19
- Patients who contact our clinic via telephone or email will be additionally screened for urgency
- The physiotherapist/chiropractor has the ability to make the final decision regarding who may attend as an urgent patient
- Only patients who remain urgent will be seen for an in-person appointment
We ask that you reschedule your appointment if any of the following apply:
- You have been exposed to COVID-19;
- You have traveled outside of Canada or have had close contact with anyone that has traveled outside of Canada in the last 14 days;
- You have a fever (temperature greater than 37.8°C);
- You have any of the following new or worsening symptoms:
- shortness of breath
- sore throat
- runny nose, sneezing or nasal congestion (in absence of underlying reasons for symptoms such as seasonal allergies)
- hoarse voice
- difficulty swallowing
- new smell or tasting disorder(s)
- nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain
- unexplained fatigue
Your urgent care is important to us! To see a list of the steps we are taking to ensure a safe and positive experience at our clinic, click here.