Titleist Performance Institute
Are you an avid golfer? If so, you could find great advice for your golf performance from the Titleist Performance Institute (TPI), headquartered in Oceanside, CA. TPI is the leading organization in golf-specific health, fitness, and swing advice. Certified TPI instructors are able to help golfers overcome any limiting factors they may have by improving their technique. There are over 19,000 TPI professionals across 63 countries, trained in helping golfers of all skill levels improve their game.
Throughout TPI history, thousands of golfers have received helpful tips for improvement. Through years of research and data collection, TPI has discovered how an optimally functioning body allows a player to swing a golf club in the most efficient way possible. TPI has also been able to determine how physical limitations affect golf swings, and accommodations such players can make to enhance their performance and decrease their risk of injury.
If you are searching for the most effective ways to increase your golfing skills, consult with one of our TPI specialists at Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre today. The mission of TPI is to help educate golfers and professionals in the industry on the Body-Swing ConnectionTM, which identifies the body’s physical limitations and how they directly correlate to their golf swing. This is achieved through a series of functional tests aimed at evaluating strength, flexibility, and mobility. Based on the results of such tests, our TPI specialists will recommend ways the golfer can maximize their physical advantages.
Below are some helpful facts regarding the Titleist Performance Institute:
- 19 of the last 20 Major Championships were won by players advised by a TPI Certified Expert.
- 25 of the top 30 Players in the World Official World Golf Rankings are advised by a TPI Certified Expert.
- 52 of the last 63 PGA Tour events were won by players advised by a TPI Certified Expert.
How can a TPI specialist improve my golf performance?
Our TPI specialists can conduct a golf performance evaluation to see where improvement can be made. Golf performance evaluations include:
- 30-minute scheduled appointment.
- 13-point physical screen, utilizing the custom app.
- Calculation of your golf fitness handicap.
- Video analysis of your golf swing.
Our TPI specialists can also help you improve your performance through our Golf Performance Fitness Program. This includes:
- 60-minute scheduled appointment.
- Review findings from the evaluation.
- Personalized Strength & Flexibility Program to address your unique goals.
- Instruction of the program and review of video findings.
Re-evaluations will also be done in order to measure your progress throughout the program. Golf Performance Re-Evaluations include:
- Assessing your body’s response to the program.
- Video analysis.
- Modification to your personal golf goals.
- Swing faults.
- Re-scoring your golf fitness handicap.
- Pain scale.
- Measuring strength, flexibility, balance, rotation, etc.
Discovering swing faults:
There are 12 swing faults common to golfers. A golfer may have none, one, or any combination of the 12 swing faults. The most common swing faults are:
- S-Posture (25.3%)
- Slide (31.4%)
- Hanging Back (32.2%)
- C-Posture (33.1%)
- Chicken Winging (35.6%)
- Sway (37.2%)
- Reverse Spine Angle (38.5%)
- Over-the-top (43.5%)
- Flat shoulder plane (45.2%)
- Casting/Early Release (55.9%)
- Loss of Posture (64.3%)
- Early extension (64.3%)
Swing faults may be caused by one or more of the following:
- Lack of mobility.
- Poor Mechanics.
- Inability to separate upper and lower body motions.
- Poor kinematic sequencing and motor control.
- Strength deficits.
- Poor segmental stabilization.
- Inadequate stability.
- Poor segmental stabilization.
- Poor conditioning.
- Poor equipment.
Our TPI specialists are highly trained in identifying these swing faults so they can help golfers eliminate their physical limitations. This helps in optimizing the golfer’s ability to physically produce their most efficient golf swing possible.
How can I get started?
At the Titleist Performance Institute, there’s a saying: “if you don’t test, it’s just a guess.” If you want to improve your golf swing, add more consistency to your game, and finish each round strong, schedule a consultation with one of our TPI specialists today.
Upon completion of the TPI evaluation of these components, our certified team of professionals will prescribe a specific workout regimen to address your limitations and enhance your golf performance. Don’t wait any longer to make yourself great! Contact Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre today to get started on the first steps toward improving your performance.