At Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre, we work with children aged 0-21 years and ensure the best quality of care for each child. We work with children who are facing developmental delays and have challenges meeting their milestones, making it difficult for them to interact, learn, explore and play.
We also create a fun exercise environment where a child can rehab their injury and learn exercises that they can do at home so that they can get back in the game as quickly and safely as possible, while also learning ways to prevent future injuries. If you believe your child would benefit from physiotherapy, request an appointment at Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre today.
What is Paediatric Physiotherapy?
From birth, children are eager to play, explore and learn. They learn to explore and interact with their surroundings through rolling, crawling, walking, running and jumping…all through play. It’s the playing that prepares them for adulthood.
Physiotherapy is recommended for children who are not meeting their milestones, as well as children who are experiencing physical challenges due to a condition or injury affecting their musculoskeletal system.
Our goal is to help your child live their best life, participate in family routines, play and grow like you would want them to and get them ready for anything.
When does physiotherapy help?
Your child can benefit from physiotherapy for a variety of reasons, such as:
- My child is 3 months but is not able to hold his or her head
- My 3-month-old child tilts her head to the left. At first, I thought it was cute, now I’m concerned that she’s not able to look in other directions and she’s getting a flat head.
- My child is 6 months and is not rolling over
- My child is 9 months but is still not sitting or crawling yet
- My child is a year old but is still not standing yet
- My child is 18 months but is not walking yet
- My child is clumsy and falls often
- My child is not able to keep up with his or her peers at the playground
- My son just got diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. Who can help him?
- My daughter has a diagnosis of Down’ Syndrome.
How can Physiotherapy help?
When your child is not meeting their developmental milestones or receives a diagnosis with long term implications, Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre can partner with you. We will help your child achieve their milestones through therapy and home programming, one step at a time.
Our Paediatric Therapy services can help with the following:
- Flat Head (Plagiocephaly)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Developmental Delays
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Down Syndrome
- Sensory Processing Disorders
- Club Foot
- Milestone Delays
- Toe Walking
- Growth-Related Issues
- Coordination Disorders
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Brain Injury
- Post-Surgical Rehabilitation
- Specialized Equipment
- And MORE!
Our physiotherapists are authorized with the Assistive Devices Program (ADP). We can help you find the perfect walker, stander, or wheelchair to help your child excel in their environment.
Other services provided by Paediatric Physiotherapy include:
- Home visits
- School visits & meetings
- ADP Equipment assessments
We are here to help you and your child through therapy, home program, and communicating with your pediatrician and other specialists to reach their maximum potential. Request an appointment with Peach Physiotherapy & Wellness Centre today.